HBR Guide To Finance Basics For Managers
By Harvard Business Review
TBH Book Club
Can you prepare a breakeven analysis? Do you know the difference between an income statement and a balance sheet? Or understand why a business that’s profitable can still go belly-up? Has your grasp of your company’s numbers helped―or hurt―your career?
Whether you’re new to finance or you just need a refresher, this go-to guide will give you the tools and confidence you need to master the fundamentals, as all good managers must.
The HBR Guide to Finance Basics for Managers will help you:
Learn the language of finance
1. Compare your firm’s financials with rivals’
2. Shift your team’s focus from revenues to profits
3. Assess your vulnerability to industry downturns
4. Use financial data to defend budget requests
5. Invest smartly through cost/benefit analysis